Dare To Dream! A Career Exploration and Motivational Program for High School and College Students
Diane McGraw is the creator and producer of The Dare to Dream Experience, a career exploration, motivational and mentoring program which introduces high school and college students to careers behind the scenes in the sports and entertainment industry.
The event has reached over 3,000 students in the Philadelphia and Louisville, Ky. area since 2002.
Our future plans are to expand the program into other industries, including healthcare, tourism and hospitality, manufacturing, technology and life sciences.
Diane's commitment to working with students provides them with the necessary tools to prepare them not only for future careers but also teaches them that education, discipline, self-esteem and a healthy lifestyle are all keys to success.
The following educational institutions have hosted the Dare to Dream Program.
- 2002 Temple University
- 2003 Neumann University
- 2004 St. Joseph's University
- 2008 University of Louisville
Dare To Dream We Teach, We Touch, We Care
- Dare to Dream Experience introduces students to behind the scenes careers in the sports and entertainment industry and provides opportunities to meet and interact with industry representatives from Professional Sport Teams, Television, Radio, Film, Music and Performing Arts organizations.
- The program includes an industry panel presentation, workshops, motivational speakers, documentary video with in-depth interviews and career guide featuring a college resource directory.
- Since its inception in 2002, the program has impacted over 3,000 students in Philadelphia, PA and Louisville, KY. including over 150 high schools from the School District of Philadelphia, Archdiocese of Philadelphia and the Louisville Metro School District.
- The Dare to Dream Experience aspires to continue to raise money in order to bring this incredible initiative to even more schools across the country
A Dreamer Vince Papale, Co-Host Motivational Speaker
- Vince Papale, Former Philadelphia Eagle - Subject of Disney's "Invincible"
- In 1976 Vince Papale was in his 6th year of teaching at his alma mater, Interboro High School while was working on his master's degree in counseling and also coaching football and track. As a 10 year season ticket holder for his beloved Philadelphia Eagles Vince had a dream . . . to be an Eagle. The rest is history. That year, Philadelphia Eagles Coach Dick Vermeil held a press conference and invited some locals, including Papale, to an all comers tryout. Papale not only showed up but Coach Vermeil offered him a contract on the spot! But this 30- year-old walk-on still had to make the team. He beat the odds to become the oldest rookie in the history of the NFL. He still holds that record. He eventually became a team captain and played in the NFL for four years. He was voted "Man of the Year" by the Eagles in 1978, for his many charitable activities. Vince was recently selected by the fans as the best Special Teamer in the Eagles 75 year history.
- After retiring from the Eagles following the 1979 season, Vince was a TV and radio broadcaster for eight years before entering the world of commercial mortgage banking which led to a position as a marketing executive and special projects director for Sallie Mae. Papale is married to the former Janet Cantwell. They reside in Cherry Hill, N.J., with their two children, Gabriella and Vincent. Janet is a former member of the USA World Gymnastics team and has coached and taught gymnastics all over the world. They are the only married couple to have been inducted individually into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame.
- "Invincible," was released August 25. 2006, and opened to rave reviews, finishing #1 at the box office two weeks in a row. It features Mark Wahlberg as Papale, Greg Kinnear as former Eagles Coach Dick Vermeil, and Elizabeth Banks as Janet. He is regarded as one of the top motivational speakers in the country, lends his support to too numerous charities to mention, and is currently working on his second book, "How to be Invincible in Tough Times".
Pictures and People
Dare To Dream
more Dare To Dream!
Keeping Score: Goals
Industry Panelists Past and Present
Industry Panelists Past and Present